Wednesday, February 15, 2006

the love myth?

My friend Candice says she doesn't believe in love, or that love doesn't exist between two people not related.
While I don't want to agree with her fully, I have thought about it and these points have come to my attention;

Say there is someone you like but you know it will never happen. So you are then "forced" to settle for someone else. You are either "Getting over" that first person or you are lieing to yourself. But what does "Getting over" mean? Does it mean that you actually don't care about that person any more? Personally, I always have that small thought in the back of my head of what could have been. So say everyone has this small thought, then we're just pushing aside feelings, then we'll generalize "Getting over" as preprations for settling.
Now, I would have a problem with it if I thought a lady was settling for me. My other friend Joe says its a trust issue, but while it could be viewed as that, does it have to be?
On a related topic, I have heard that women will chose a fun, bad boy type early on in life but as they mature look for someone stable with a job, who can support her and a family by some subconscious means. If men do the same thing then aren't we settling again. Maybe not since our psyche is changing, but if we had the choice to combine stable with fun, bad boy/girl then we'd most definitely chose that over just a stable individual. But that doesn't prove anything, why would anyone choose less when they can get more of the same quality. But maybe it does, you can't have your cake and eat it too, so you decide whats the most important feature and settle.

"if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home